POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Hug (Birthday Card) : Re: Hug (Birthday Card) Server Time
7 Aug 2024 15:15:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hug (Birthday Card)
From: Stefan Viljoen
Date: 2 Feb 2006 00:46:05
Message: <43e19c9c@news.povray.org>
"Tim Nikias" <JUSTTHELOWERCASE:timISNOTnikias(at)gmx.netWARE> spake:

> Hi there!
>
> Did this one today, as a friend of mine has birthday on the 3rd. The text
> on the card (removed from this image as it is german and thus not
> international) says "A hug has many meanings...", and on the back I go on
> that I hope she's not as naive as to think I only hug her because it's her
> birthday. :-)
>
> She's been a good friend to me lately, and I wanted to express that...
> Anyways, back to the pic. The models were made with Silo and textured with
> large-scaled granite. A no_image sphere with some colors for reflections
> (especially for the highlights) was used, as well as the lightdome,
> originally invented for my late robot-image. I think it does a nice job
> for ambient lighting, and adds some depth to the images as opposed to
> traditional 3-point lighting. I'll probably be refining and updating it
> over the next images. ;-)
>
> Comments?

Yikes! One can see you're definitely European.

Technically it looks quite nice but the theme might be a bit... suggestive?
if I sent something like this to any of the (very few) girls I knew, they
drop by especially just to slap me through the face, and never speak to me
again. Mind you, they almost don't speak to me anyway! :)

Then again, depending on the relationship...

Well done anyway, the woman is a bit Earth-maiden like, and I love the
texture.

--
Stefan Viljoen
Software Support Technician / Programmer