POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Hug (Birthday Card) : Hug (Birthday Card) Server Time
7 Aug 2024 15:13:58 EDT (-0400)
  Hug (Birthday Card)
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 1 Feb 2006 17:59:41
Message: <43e13d5d@news.povray.org>
Hi there!

Did this one today, as a friend of mine has birthday on the 3rd. The text on
the card (removed from this image as it is german and thus not
international) says "A hug has many meanings...", and on the back I go on
that I hope she's not as naive as to think I only hug her because it's her
birthday. :-)

She's been a good friend to me lately, and I wanted to express that...
Anyways, back to the pic. The models were made with Silo and textured with
large-scaled granite. A no_image sphere with some colors for reflections
(especially for the highlights) was used, as well as the lightdome,
originally invented for my late robot-image. I think it does a nice job for
ambient lighting, and adds some depth to the images as opposed to
traditional 3-point lighting. I'll probably be refining and updating it over
the next images. ;-)

Comments?

Regards,
Tim