POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ship WIP 179k : Re: Ship WIP 179k Server Time
7 Aug 2024 15:13:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ship WIP 179k
From: Merrin Cullen
Date: 1 Feb 2006 13:24:55
Message: <43e0fcf7@news.povray.org>
Skip,

Basically I trace the surface of the hull and use that to generate a series
of points that I connect with cylendars and triangles. The hull is a patch.
Attached is the code. The top image shows the traingles and cylinders and
the bottom image shows them properly textured.

Tim

"Skip Talbot" <Ski### [at] aolcom> wrote in message
> Tim, would you mind explaining how your trace functions work?  I'm
> having trouble following.  When you say you trace the hull, what exactly
> is your ray intersecting: patches, a mesh?  And then how are you using
> the output?  Are you approximating the curvature of the hull with a
> trace every few units, or putting the output in a spline?
>
> Skip

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'WaterWay.txt' (5 KB) Download 'Water_Way.jpg' (113 KB)

Preview of image 'Water_Way.jpg'
Water_Way.jpg