POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : volcano WIP update : Re: volcano WIP update Server Time
7 Aug 2024 21:22:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: volcano WIP update
From: Ron M
Date: 31 Jan 2006 18:30:18
Message: <43dff30a@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v2 wrote:
>> But maybe there should be steam (and boiling?), where the lava river
>> gets into the water?
>
> Weirdly, when lava hits water, it doesn't seem to boil much. Just tones
> of steam. (Which is maybe why you can't see any bubbling?) Strange but
> true...

That's the case for ones I've seen.

A few pictures I took in Hawaii
    http://www.geocities.com/ramayer/pics/smoke0.jpg
    http://www.geocities.com/ramayer/pics/smoke2.jpg

And the steam glows really cool at night:
    http://www.geocities.com/ramayer/pics/fire.jpg

You also get really cool cracks in the ground where the Lava shows
through the rocks.
    http://www.geocities.com/ramayer/pics/lavaeyes.jpg
Such cracks might look cool in the foreground.

(sorry for the links to pics; but I can't render anything that cool)

> I rephrase: in the videos I've seen, that's how it looks.

Yeah, that's what it looks like in real life.