POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Triball-Robot WIP : Triball-Robot WIP Server Time
7 Aug 2024 15:12:30 EDT (-0400)
  Triball-Robot WIP
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 31 Jan 2006 15:19:19
Message: <43dfc647@news.povray.org>
So, recently I've released the Teaser to my next short, now here's a picture
of one of the "children" mentioned in it.

The robot is still not finished, notably the modelling on the wheels and
parts of the arms. There's the shoulder joint and the hand, which will be
connected with an extendable tube, as the robot is capable of using his
hands to... do vacuum cleaning. Yeah, that's right, this is a household
robot! The claws (hidden inside the hands when not in use) will also undergo
some changes, as I'm not yet too happy with them (which is why I've kept
them in the hands as well).

Of course, once I start the rigging and do some test animations, some
changes are bound to happen. For example, I'm not sure if I want to keep the
eyes as they are, or add some sort of "eyebrow" effect to show his emotions.
I also might need to work on the torso/shoulder area to keep his arms
flexible...

This was a "hero-shot" render, with reflections and a lightdome + key
area-light, took half an hour with antialiasing cranked up to level 3 using
method 2.

Comments?

Regards,
Tim