POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : volcano WIP update : Re: volcano WIP update Server Time
7 Aug 2024 21:22:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: volcano WIP update
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 30 Jan 2006 16:02:24
Message: <43de7ee0@news.povray.org>
Tek wrote:

> 1/ The mountains and undersea areas are just placeholders (cones and
> spheres) until I get round to working on them, frankly I'm amazed people
> keep commenting on them! To me they look so obviously unfinished.

I thought it's not even near of finishing, but I guessed that you'd want
visions of the image (I would've). My apologies, if I was so wrong.

> 2/ That isn't a drop of lava underwater, it's one of those underwater lava
> vents where lava's escaping through a small crack underwater and solidifying
> on the outside almost immediately, but the pressure of the lava keeps
> cracking the solid surface so more of it can break through. This is why it's
> so far from the volcano, it hasn't fallen there it's come up from
> underground.

Ah. For my eye, it looked like a stone for my eye. But after all, I
didn't even realize that those cracks exist (thou it's logical, while
thinking it now).

--
Eero "Aero" Ahonen
   http://www.zbxt.net