POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : volcano WIP update : Re: volcano WIP update Server Time
7 Aug 2024 21:17:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: volcano WIP update
From: Tek
Date: 29 Jan 2006 16:46:40
Message: <43dd37c0$1@news.povray.org>
I think I explained all this in an earlier post, though I should have said
when I posted this picture, allow me to reiterate:

1/ The mountains and undersea areas are just placeholders (cones and
spheres) until I get round to working on them, frankly I'm amazed people
keep commenting on them! To me they look so obviously unfinished.

2/ That isn't a drop of lava underwater, it's one of those underwater lava
vents where lava's escaping through a small crack underwater and solidifying
on the outside almost immediately, but the pressure of the lava keeps
cracking the solid surface so more of it can break through. This is why it's
so far from the volcano, it hasn't fallen there it's come up from
underground.

--
Tek
http://evilsuperbrain.com