POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : volcano WIP : Re: volcano WIP Server Time
7 Aug 2024 21:24:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: volcano WIP
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 29 Jan 2006 06:49:41
Message: <43dcabd5$1@news.povray.org>
Tek wrote:
> Following my earlier post I've decided to go with the volcano image. This is
> the latest version, but I'm suffering a case of povver's block! I can see
> the volcano looks bad, but I don't know why. Any suggestions?

One thing is that you have a drop that's still hot in the water already,
but all followers are far away, over the halfway of the volcano itself
on the height. The lava river Rene suggested seems great, but still that
 one single glowing piece in the water somehow disturbs me.

Also the water seems to be clear (while seeing the gloving drop so
clearly), but the.. umm, bottom(?) doesn't go with that - it seems like
a blue plane, not the bottom of a ocean nor lake.

Maybe the mountains in the background are too pyramid-shaped, too, they
seem to be exported from Egypt :p.

--
Eero "Aero" Ahonen
   http://www.zbxt.net