POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : volcano WIP update : Re: volcano WIP update Server Time
7 Aug 2024 15:12:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: volcano WIP update
From: Ger
Date: 28 Jan 2006 18:18:17
Message: <43dbfbb9@news.povray.org>
Tek wrote:

> Well I've been putting a lot of work into the volcano, though I've hardly
> touched anything else in the scene. As you can see I've incorporated a lot
> of the great suggestions from folks round here, thanks everyone! The only
> problems I have with the volcano now are: it's still too dark - I didn't
> realise until after this lengthy render, and there's lava touching snow in
> the foreground which is obviously complete nonsense! Next I'm going to
> work on the smoke and under-sea area.
>
> My favourite bit in this is the lava rivers, which work using a really
> simplistic particle system that basically rolls a particle down the
> volcano leaving a trail of blobs behind it. Slight adjustments to the
> start position and random seed make it take radically different paths,
> which actually looks pretty realistic.
>
> Anyway I thought I'd post this for further comments, and so you can see
> how much better it's got!

Coming along neatly, but ( sorry, there's always one of those ) :)

4 things above the water that caught my eye
No distinct column of smoke/dust/ash over the vent
The boulders/rocks that come flying out of the volcano all are(look like)
the same size.
No smoke/dust plumes where they hit the ground
No steam where the lava touches the water

under water

The bulging lava doesn't seem connected to the volcano

--
Ger