POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : volcano WIP update : volcano WIP update Server Time
7 Aug 2024 15:16:56 EDT (-0400)
  volcano WIP update
From: Tek
Date: 28 Jan 2006 12:51:29
Message: <43dbaf21@news.povray.org>
Well I've been putting a lot of work into the volcano, though I've hardly
touched anything else in the scene. As you can see I've incorporated a lot
of the great suggestions from folks round here, thanks everyone! The only
problems I have with the volcano now are: it's still too dark - I didn't
realise until after this lengthy render, and there's lava touching snow in
the foreground which is obviously complete nonsense! Next I'm going to work
on the smoke and under-sea area.

My favourite bit in this is the lava rivers, which work using a really
simplistic particle system that basically rolls a particle down the volcano
leaving a trail of blobs behind it. Slight adjustments to the start position
and random seed make it take radically different paths, which actually looks
pretty realistic.

Anyway I thought I'd post this for further comments, and so you can see how
much better it's got!

--
Tek
http://evilsuperbrain.com