POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Guitar effects boxes [390K] : Re: Guitar effects boxes [390K] Server Time
7 Aug 2024 15:17:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Guitar effects boxes [390K]
From: Marc Jacquier
Date: 26 Jan 2006 19:24:19
Message: <43d96833@news.povray.org>

news:web.43d95ae0d7bf1027ed802ab30@news.povray.org...

> "Grubby realism" was the look I was after.  I have never laid my hands on
> any of these things so perhaps someone in the biz could comment on that?

> I think to improve the realism further I would have to put them in a scene
> to show their blurry reflectivity, and perhaps employ a light probe
(except
> I'm not using MegaPOV).  Do you have any other suggestions?

I don't know the Tube Driver but the others are quite good .
HDRI could add realism but the black ground evokes a stage surrounding
usually with black curtains (no radiosity there and not a lot of probes
available), so why not a stage lit by spot_lights?

Spheresweeps for the jack leads may be?
BTW aren't they looped between output and input of each box?

Marc