POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : volcano WIP : Re: volcano WIP Server Time
7 Aug 2024 15:13:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: volcano WIP
From: Alain
Date: 24 Jan 2006 17:59:08
Message: <43d6b13c@news.povray.org>
Tek nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 24/01/2006 12:25:
> Following my earlier post I've decided to go with the volcano image. This is
> the latest version, but I'm suffering a case of povver's block! I can see
> the volcano looks bad, but I don't know why. Any suggestions?

Maybe some more snow near the top. Make the lava ejection narower, between 1/4 and 1/2
the diameter
of the top and uncenterer. As it must be a volcano awakening, there can be snow up to
the rim and
inside of the crater, there should be a lot of steam. One or two steam column rising
from somewhere
on the slopes can add much interest.
The background mountains are WAY to conical.
I would expect the water to be mostly dark gray, it reflect mostly the dark ash cloud
and should not
be as blue as it is now. It's colour should comes from what over it and from some
fade_color.
Adding caustics can improve the aquatic effect. I don't think that using photons here
is worth the
effort nor the increased render time.
If you are short on time, I propose that you drop the under water part, or only have
it visible
trough the surface, disturbed by the waves: remove the cutaway in the water.

--
Alain
Catholicism: If shit happens, you deserve it.