POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : volcano WIP : Re: volcano WIP Server Time
7 Aug 2024 15:19:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: volcano WIP
From: Vincent LE CHEVALIER
Date: 24 Jan 2006 17:00:36
Message: <43d6a384$1@news.povray.org>
I agree with that last idea. I think the volcano lacks a feel of depth
somehow, and a haze could really help. You could play a bit with the
lighting as well, to make the overall shape more perceptible.
There is also something that disturbs me with the texture, but I can't
exactly spot it now... Maybe it's just to sharp ?

Otherwise the cloud looks really impressive already... Last time I
attempted a thing like that I failed miserably ;-) I think you're on the
right path with this one !

--
Vincent