POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Alien Cliff - the finals [~44 kB] : Re: Alien Cliff - the finals [~44 kB] Server Time
7 Aug 2024 17:28:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alien Cliff - the finals [~44 kB]
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 23 Jan 2006 03:06:33
Message: <43d48e89@news.povray.org>
"dlm" <me### [at] addressinvalid> schreef in bericht
> Fascinating. Beautiful.
> Physics question:
> What's the yellow star thing meant to be?
> It's obviously not a prime source of illumination and two suns in the same
> system doesn't make a lot of sense.
> DLM

Thank you!
Still, there are two suns in this system! Not impossible in nature: last
year, astronomers found a planet in a three star system!
Here the (small) yellow sun is far away, about the distance of Pluto or even
more. Its light is overshadowed by the prime source. Even so, in this scene,
it is a light source too, contributing slightly to the whole.

Thomas