POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : IRTC wips, opinions wanted : Re: IRTC wips, opinions wanted Server Time
7 Aug 2024 17:24:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC wips, opinions wanted
From: Tek
Date: 21 Jan 2006 05:57:03
Message: <43d2137f@news.povray.org>
Well that's the other problem I have with the comet scene, it's insanely
slow to render! I have media for the earth's atmosphere, there's media for
the comet's tail (turned off for this render to get it below 16 hours!) and
the icy rocks have refraction, reflection, fade_colour, AND scattering
media! So definitely not a cheap trick, more a ludicrously complex trick.
But I agree the result is very pleasing, definitely worth the effort.

That grainy reflection spot will go away at some point, the earth's textures
look terrible and are just placeholders.

I like the idea of throwing out the comet, my original idea didn't have a
comet and was just meteors, but I wanted to see if I could get more things
in the scene. Still if I remove the comet I can finish this scene in a lot
less time, so maybe I can do both images before the deadline... that's an
interesting thought...

--
Tek
http://evilsuperbrain.com