POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : IRTC wips, opinions wanted : Re: IRTC wips, opinions wanted Server Time
7 Aug 2024 17:28:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC wips, opinions wanted
From: Tek
Date: 21 Jan 2006 04:27:05
Message: <43d1fe69$1@news.povray.org>
Well so far I've spent several evenings - I guess maybe 10 hours work - on
the comet scene, but only 2 hours on the volcano. To be honest I think the
volcano image may turn out to be the simpler of the two, simply because
there's a lot less tweaking involved. I know what a volcano looks like but
what should meteors look like from above? how do I make the fragments look
icy? (actually I think I've figured that out now, but I must have spent 4-5
hours just tweaking the icy fragment effect). The point is the comet image
requires a mixture of imagination "what would it look like from this angle?"
and pandering to audience experience to make icy rocks that look like ice
does on earth, despite the environment around them being black...

Anyway I'm waffling, the point is I actually think the volcano's the easier
image, by a small margin.

--
Tek
http://evilsuperbrain.com