POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : IRTC wips, opinions wanted : IRTC wips, opinions wanted Server Time
7 Aug 2024 17:25:43 EDT (-0400)
  IRTC wips, opinions wanted
From: Tek
Date: 21 Jan 2006 03:01:11
Message: <43d1ea47@news.povray.org>
Here's 2 work-in-progress images for the "fire & ice" IRTC topic, I don't
think I'll have time to finish both, so I want an honest opinion on which is
better.

I have a slight preference for one but I'm not going to tell you :)

The first image is a comet (in the top left, near the sun) trailing icy
fragments which are going to fall to earth and burn up in the atmosphere.
Obviously this scene hasn't got the comet-tail effect, and the distant
fragments aren't burning up, so this one requires a bit of imagination...

The second should be self explanatory, but in case it's not obvious: a
snow-covered volcano erupts, the heat of the lava reshaping the cold
mountain, meanwhile beneath the sea lava slowly flows out of an underground
vent and solidifies almost immediately, the cold of the water reshaping the
hot lava.

So which would you rather see get finished?

--
Tek
http://evilsuperbrain.com

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'volcano.jpg' (175 KB) Download 'comet.jpg' (141 KB)

Preview of image 'volcano.jpg'
volcano.jpg

Preview of image 'comet.jpg'
comet.jpg