POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bush Camp #1 (WIP) (500K) : Re: Bush Camp #1 (WIP) (500K) Server Time
7 Aug 2024 17:27:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bush Camp #1 (WIP) (500K)
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 20 Jan 2006 10:56:47
Message: <43d1083f@news.povray.org>
"Joanne Simpson" <cor### [at] onewhiteravencom> schreef in bericht
> Think of happy times bushwalking, as you wearily walk out of the forest
and
> discover your home for the night...
> A follow-on from a post of a few weeks ago. The heron is similar, as is
the
> idea, but everything else is different.

I like this scene tremendously.

So, I hate to make a few (small) comments, but why else post, if there are
no comments? :-)

I think the lava-like ground looks strange, and I would expect that on
Hawaii, not in the Autralian bush, or am I horribly mistaken? Why not use
some really well-weathered, lateritic (red) soil or sandstone texture?

Good work on the plants and reeds. They may need a little bit more
randomness around the y-axis, or suggest some breeze, but then have them
bend more or less in one general direction.

Kenneth already mentionned the heron. The model is excellent, but the
ruffled feathers are difficult to get right, I guess.

I like the hut and the wood texture.

Overall, great image! Waiting for more!!

Thomas