POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Stud Wall macro : Re: Stud Wall macro Server Time
7 Aug 2024 17:25:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stud Wall macro
From: Alain
Date: 19 Jan 2006 17:25:51
Message: <43d011ef$1@news.povray.org>
Lawrence W nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 19/01/2006 14:15:
> "Cousin Ricky" <ric### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
>
>>"Lawrence W" <lwi### [at] csicablenet> wrote:
>>

>>Is there a reason you use #declares inside the macro instead of #locals?
>

> Because I don't know what I'm doing?  It never occurred to me to use #locals
> instead.  Is there a specific reason why you WOULD use #locals?  Hmm, maybe
> I should just read the documentation.

#local are private to the macro or file where they are defined.
#declare are GLOBAL
If you use #local in a macro with the same name used by a #declare, it will take the
place of the
global only inside the macro. Once you exit the macro, the #local don't exist anymore
and the
original #declare is visible again, intact.

--
Alain
Agnostic #2: Did someone shit?