POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Silent flight : Re: Silent flight Server Time
7 Aug 2024 17:26:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Silent flight
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 19 Jan 2006 03:07:09
Message: <43cf48ad@news.povray.org>
"Hans Fink" <mas### [at] pecosnospamde> schreef in bericht
> Bill Pragnell wrote:
> >
> > It's very nice. I like simple, atmospheric scenery images like this.
> >
> > However... why is your moon incorrectly lit? Shouldn't it just be a thin
> > crescent pointing toward the star?
>
> Only if the star were the only light source here. But the whole
> scene makes me think there must be another sun somewhere out of
> view.

Thank you Bill, and Hans.
Like in the original scene, this is a double sun system. The main sun (out
of view) is lighting the scene; the far away yellow star lights the scene
too, but much less. It even doesn't really make shadows, or, at least,
noticeable ones.

Thomas