POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 18ct bi-colour ring : Re: 18ct bi-colour ring Server Time
7 Aug 2024 23:18:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 18ct bi-colour ring
From: Alain
Date: 15 Jan 2006 10:23:09
Message: <43ca68dd$1@news.povray.org>
St. nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 15/01/2006 09:39:

> "Rick Measham" <rickm*at%isite.net.au> wrote in message
>
>> St. wrote:
>>

>> G'day Steve,
>

>     G'day Rick!
>
>> Those triquetras are indeed impressive. You've managed to capture the
>> feel of the gold as it's shaped into the complex mould.
>

>      Thanks! The one celtic shoulder took me about 2 hours to complete,
> and the rest was fairly simple.
>

>> I'm also enchanted by the two-tones .. but I'd like to see something
>> in the transition .. even if it's just a torus (I'm sure there's a
>> professional term for it in the jewellry trade) made from one or the
>> other to mark the change.
>

>      Well, there is no term really, apart from on the left ring posted,
> it would be called a 'bar', or if there's two per shoulder, it would be
> 'double-bar'. On the right ring, one could also file two grooves, but
> the first image I posted is also viable.
>

>> I can't wait for you to turn on the photons now :)
>

>  I have in the next image, but after 20 hrs and 19 minutes, I've failed
> abysmally. I just can't get photons right. :/
>

>> You've inspired me to get back to my black pearls!
>

>  Hey thanks! It's nice to know that *I* can inspire someone for a
> change, instead of the other way 'round!  :o)
>
>   Looking forward to those pearls!
>
>   ~Steve~
>

>> Cheers!
>> Rick Measham

Photons block in #global_settings: set a spacing small enough OR a count high enough.
In the objects deffinitions: add a photons block that contain target, refraction on
and reflection on.
You don't realy need a photons block in the light_source unless you want the light NOT
to shoot
photons (fill light) or it's an area_light and you want the photons to be diffuse
instead of point like.
Another thing, high ambient tend to hide photons effects, many included textures have
exessive
ambient values as left over from early versions.

--
Alain