POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 18ct bi-colour ring : Re: 18ct bi-colour ring Server Time
7 Aug 2024 17:22:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 18ct bi-colour ring
From: St
Date: 15 Jan 2006 09:43:02
Message: <43ca5f76@news.povray.org>
"Rick Measham" <rickm*at%isite.net.au> wrote in message
> St. wrote:
>> A two tone engagement ring. Those triquetra's were hard to do, but I got
>> there in the end...
>
> G'day Steve,

     G'day Rick!

> Those triquetras are indeed impressive. You've managed to capture the feel
> of the gold as it's shaped into the complex mould.

      Thanks! The one celtic shoulder took me about 2 hours to complete, and
the rest was fairly simple.

> I'm also enchanted by the two-tones .. but I'd like to see something in
> the transition .. even if it's just a torus (I'm sure there's a
> professional term for it in the jewellry trade) made from one or the other
> to mark the change.

      Well, there is no term really, apart from on the left ring posted, it
would be called a 'bar', or if there's two per shoulder, it would be
'double-bar'. On the right ring, one could also file two grooves, but the
first image I posted is also viable.

> I can't wait for you to turn on the photons now :)

  I have in the next image, but after 20 hrs and 19 minutes, I've failed
abysmally. I just can't get photons right. :/

> You've inspired me to get back to my black pearls!

  Hey thanks! It's nice to know that *I* can inspire someone for a change,
instead of the other way 'round!  :o)

   Looking forward to those pearls!

   ~Steve~