POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : sunrise atmospheric effects : Re: sunrise atmospheric effects Server Time
7 Aug 2024 17:24:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: sunrise atmospheric effects
From: Tek
Date: 14 Jan 2006 06:49:21
Message: <43c8e541@news.povray.org>
It's really pretty simple, I don't mind sharing the code now because this is
very early WIP stuff. Here's the bit that does the atmosphere, I've
simplified it a little but it should look about the same:

//planet
sphere { 0, 6000 }
  //atmos
  difference {
   sphere { 0, 6050 }
   sphere { 0, 6000 }
   hollow on
   pigment { rgbt 1 }
   interior {
    media {
     scattering {
      1, rgb <.05,.17,1>
      extinction 1
     }
     density {
      function { exp( -(sqrt(x*x+y*y+z*z)-6000)/4 ) }
     density_map {
       [0 rgb 0]
       [1 rgb .1]
      }