POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : New to Mac Version, please help :) : Re: New to Mac Version, please help :) Server Time
26 Apr 2024 11:19:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New to Mac Version, please help :)
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 8 Jan 2006 00:21:06
Message: <43c0a142$1@news.povray.org>

> But why first the denial? (see <news:43ba73be@news.povray.org>)
>
> |>But why did they take the ini file support out of the GUI app? Yes, in
> |>older versions the ini files were considered and even written by the
> |>GUI app.
> |
> |It has not been taken out at all!

Exactly what is the purpose of your argument, putting words in my mouth I
never said or just being annoying? You can still access it via the GUI, so
it has not been taken out of it.  The feature changed, that's all! - And
that is what is in the part of the paragraph you omitted: "To the contrary,
you have access to "the command-line" directly via the Render Settings
dialog. As such, all commands to read and write INI files are at our disposal.".

>>If you don't like it that way, well, sorry can't help with that ;-)
>
> A clear statement could have avoided missunderstandings and annoyances.
>
> Now I know, that the real meaning of your declaration was: 'We have
> taken out the GUI support of INI files. Sorry, but it was difficult to
> handle and only few people needed it. But we have a simple replacement:
> Set "options.ini +GIoptions.ini" into the command line field of the
> scene file's options dialog.'

That is exactly what I said in my first response, except giving the exact
command-line arguments to do it.

> Probably, I can live with such a solution. But it's really not Mac-like!

As Mac like as INI files...

	Thorsten