POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Latch : Re: Latch Server Time
7 Aug 2024 17:25:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Latch
From: David El Tom
Date: 7 Jan 2006 15:46:23
Message: <43c0289f@news.povray.org>
Rishi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The latch from the earlier image I had posted. Is there a way to texture
> this better?
>
> Regards,
>
> Rishi

looks quite confincing to me, but as you ask ;-) :
  - forged iron normaly have same small ditches, so it could be worth to
add  some bumps (also it's normaly darker especially if it allready got
patina)
  - the wood texture is to repetative, you may simple move it a little
bit from plank to plank and add some black-hole warps to fake parts
where the branches were

... dave