POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : New to Mac Version, please help :) : Re: New to Mac Version, please help :) Server Time
26 Apr 2024 02:47:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New to Mac Version, please help :)
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 3 Jan 2006 07:53:18
Message: <43ba73be@news.povray.org>

> I know the settings dialog. But why did they take the ini file support
> out of the GUI app? Yes, in older versions the ini files were considered
> and even written by the GUI app.

It has not been taken out at all! To the contrary, you have access to "the
command-line" directly via the Render Settings dialog. As such, all commands
to read and write INI files are at our disposal.

 > A very simple reason: Making some preview renderings in the GUI
 > application. And then do the real work as a batch job with the command
 > line application.
 > When using the menu/dialog driven configs in the GUI app and the ini
 > file for the command line program, you always have to try to keep them
 > identical. If you use only the ini files for both the GUI app and the
 > command line program, you never have this problem.

You can simply request that the INI file be written in the GUI, and use that
to render on the command-line.

	Thorsten