POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Can only output in PICT : Re: Can only output in PICT Server Time
26 Apr 2024 07:09:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can only output in PICT
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 29 Dec 2005 08:47:00
Message: <43b3e8d4$1@news.povray.org>

>>>Is it a known bug ?
>
> Must be one, I have the same problem here.

There is no bug and there *never* was a bug with the image output format.

>>>Is there a way to correct this ?
>
> Maybe in the source code.

No, some setting *you* supply is invalid - see below.

> No, there is no error message for Output_File_Type=S. It does simply
> generate a pict file.
> With Output_File_Type=T and Output_File_Type=N, I get the message 'File
> Init Error: Cannot open output file.' and no output file.

I suppose you are using an INI file rather than the GUI option to set this?
Most likely you specified an invalid path for the outpt image file somewhere
along the way. It is impossible for me to tell though.

>>Apart from that, also it is unrelated, you should use the latest version,
>>which is 3.6.1.
>
> Does it fix this bug?

There is no bug and there *never* was a bug with the image output format.

	Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg

I am a member of the POV-Ray Team.