POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cartographers Loupe : Re: Cartographers Loupe Server Time
7 Aug 2024 19:26:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cartographers Loupe
From: dlm
Date: 26 Dec 2005 11:57:55
Message: <43b02113$1@news.povray.org>
"Jim Holsenback" <jho### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I'm having alot of success with metal textures .... pretty good tarnished
> brass texture!
>
> Jim

Jim,
I hate to disagree, but your brass looks more dull than tarnished! I suppose
it is possible for new brass to oxidize uniformly especially if it is not
handled or otherwise disturbed, but this scene doesn't communicate this to
me.
See e.g. http://www.prestigebrass.co.uk/tarnished-lrg.jpg
This shows blotchiness with variation in hue and reflectance.
DLM