POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Merry Xmas from down under : Re: Merry Xmas from down under Server Time
7 Aug 2024 19:25:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Merry Xmas from down under
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 23 Dec 2005 08:22:55
Message: <43abfa2f$1@news.povray.org>
High!

Lance Birch wrote:

> Although oddly it did snow in Australia (at Thredbo in New South Wales) for a
> few moments on Sunday :)  Meanwhile it was about 32 degrees above zero here,

Celsius or Fahrenheit? ;-)
Irrespective of that, obviously the weather in the southern temperate
zone is much less predictable than on the northern hemisphere... I
remember having seen a Malcolm Douglas show several years ago, filmed in
November in the Stirling Range - and the mountains (at about 900 m above
sea level) were snow-covered!

The climate of the southern shore of West Australia should be equivalent
to the Azores islands in the Atlantic Ocean... and even in cooler but
equally oceanic Ireland I just can't imagine Carrantuohil or Wicklow
Mountains still covered in snow in May! The high mountainsides of Black
Forest in Germany are frequently snow-clad in May, but this is a
semi-continental climate with much colder winters than you have in
southern Australia!

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar