POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Aeolipile : Re: Aeolipile Server Time
7 Aug 2024 19:25:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Aeolipile
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 22 Dec 2005 16:29:44
Message: <43ab1ac8@news.povray.org>
"Bob Hughes" <omniverse@charter%net> wrote in message
news:43aa78a4@news.povray.org...
> As to the good rendering shown here, I didn't expect to see the wheel on
> the side because I only knew of the device as being just a scientific
> curiosity when it was created. That's how it usually gets described, that
> it wasn't of actual mechanical usefulness when it was first made and then
> the much more recent industrial age put steam to good use.

I added the wheel because it's going in an scene .... the Aeolipile will
power an elevator.
Like Bob said the device was never put to practical use ....
just thought it might be a cool adaption for my scene.

> Hopefully a helpful suggestion: the brass texture might need an
> environment surrounding the model to prevent the typical suspended in
> space appearance.

there is a bit of a floor there ... barely visable.
I was going for the object on a turtable, in a black box look for the QTVR
stuff that I'm working on.
72 images looking down at the object, 72 images at the mid line, and 72
images looking up from below the object.

Ciao