POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Dome lights : Re: Dome lights Server Time
8 Aug 2024 01:18:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dome lights
From: Trevor G Quayle
Date: 22 Dec 2005 01:12:54
Message: <43aa43e6@news.povray.org>
A sample from my latest work on this project.  DomeLight.jpg is the actual
image.  DomeLightEval.jpg is a secondary output from the macro that  allows
the scene and adjustments to be pre-evaluated.  The blue and red dots
represent where samples are taken, with red being above the threshold and
getting a light, and blue being below with no light.  You can see in certain
patches where the dots are much denser, this results from the adaptive
sampling option.  I will post the new code later when I'm a bit more
satisfied with it.
I ended up not doing subsampling for evaluating light sources as I found
that more often it would steal lights away than adding additional lights to
the scene.  I may end up adding a small scale subsampling only to average
the light colour/intensity of lightsources without adding or removing light
sources though if I like the looks of it.

-tgq

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'DomeLight.jpg' (38 KB) Download 'DomeLightEval.jpg' (169 KB)

Preview of image 'DomeLight.jpg'
DomeLight.jpg

Preview of image 'DomeLightEval.jpg'
DomeLightEval.jpg