POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Optics: Straight beam of light : Optics: Straight beam of light Server Time
7 Aug 2024 19:26:22 EDT (-0400)
  Optics: Straight beam of light
From: Rick Measham
Date: 17 Dec 2005 04:05:01
Message: <43a3d4bd@news.povray.org>
A. I'm using photons to allow light to be reflected off an object.
However I don't seem to be able to get a perfectly straight beam of
light. The image below is a 16u x 16u grid. The spotlight is 72u from
the top of the grid and then is masked by the red 'turret' at the top in
order to thin it down. This does an OK job, but as the light reflects of
more and more objects, the wider the beam gets. Is there any way to stop
it getting wider?

B. Once the light reflects off the first object it starts to interact
with the media as I'd expect (the glow) however before it hits that
first object, there is no glow! How do I get the glow on the first part
of the beam? One solution I had was to start the beam to the left of the
masking turret and fit a mirror into the mask, but surely there's a
better way?

Cheers!
Rick Measham

Post a reply to this message