POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : graphing calculator - why not :) : Re: graphing calculator - why not :) Server Time
7 Aug 2024 19:23:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: graphing calculator - why not :)
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 16 Dec 2005 17:38:26
Message: <43a341e2$1@news.povray.org>

High!

> 	Nonono, reverse polish is done with this:
> - -1
> phong
> 1
> phong_size
> finish
>
> 	;)

Hehe... the whole sub-thread wouldn't have started if Charles had used
an upper case "p" for his "polish"... back in 1984, I read in the
then-popular German computer magazine "RUN" an article about Forth, a
programming language which just had been made available for the
Commodore 64. I really do not know much about Forth, but I remember that
its design strongly is based on stacks, which leads to a syntax which is
rather strange compared to other programming language: the "Inverted
Polish Notation". Obviously, (one of) the mathematician(s) who invented
Forth hailed from Poland...

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar

Now playing: Tel Aviv (Duran Duran)