POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Dome lights : Re: Dome lights Server Time
7 Aug 2024 19:25:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dome lights
From: Trevor G Quayle
Date: 16 Dec 2005 11:44:34
Message: <43a2eef2@news.povray.org>
Somewhere on average between 200-600 lights for each image.

The dome is basically a sphere subdivied into triangles (see image, sd level
3,4,5).

The actual number of lights depends on the level of subdivision and the
light threshold.  Not every point of the dome has a light, as render times
would get horrendous for little increase.

"stm31415" <sam### [at] cscom> wrote in message
> How many lights are being used in one of these scenes? Are we talking
> someing along that lines of an icosahedron of lights, or a 8v dome, or...?
>
> Great stuff though. The indoor/warehouse is wonderful.
>
> -s
> 5TF!

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: