POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Shaker (still not final) : Re: Shaker (still not final) Server Time
8 Aug 2024 01:21:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shaker (still not final)
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 15 Dec 2005 15:51:38
Message: <43a1d75a$1@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlnet> wrote in message

> I would not consider *more stuff* here. I have the impression that the
> scene
> should remain rather empty. perhaps the suggestion on the right of a
> cupboard or something? Just the shadow on the wall...
> Yes the shadow of table and chair feet is annoying. That is a radiosity
> issue I believe. Not sure how to correct that. I am also still learning by
> trial and error how to use it correctly in each scene...

Jim seems to agree that more objects would not necessarily enhance the
scene.  I like your idea of a shadow of some kind.  In fact, I may add
shadows to other parts of the image as well.  I guess it all depends on how
well Radiosity works for situations where most of the lighting is indirect.
Or, I may have to "fake" some of the radiosity, by introducing other broad
light sources.  Either way, very little scripting, lots of rendering.

> Strangely enough, I just had the vision of an old woman, who was sitting
> on
> the chair, contemplating the sunset, and who got up and stepped away just
> before you took the snapshot!
> There is an atmosphere of an invisible presence in this scene, other than
> the beholder.

Or was she there 100 years ago and just never came back?  Ok, the dust would
be bad...  ;-)

Thanks for the comment.  It gives me a few more ideas.  Rest assured, I
won't be doing anything very radical to this scene, but I would like to
reuse these objects and this environment in other scenes, if/when I get
inspired to do so.

Well, I've got a lot of technical issues to mess around with.  It's times
like this that having Tortoise CVS managing my source is handy.