POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Marshland Morning II (WIP) : Re: Marshland Morning II (WIP) Server Time
12 Sep 2024 18:12:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Marshland Morning II (WIP)
From: St
Date: 15 Dec 2005 13:30:48
Message: <43a1b658$1@news.povray.org>
"Joanne Simpson" <cor### [at] onewhiteravencom> wrote in message

> Annoying isn't it, how 40 hours into a 60 hour render you realise that the
> tree trunks are floating an inch off the ground...

    Yep, been there, got the...  ;)

> Getting there. Not entirely happy with the lighting, so now working on an
> HDR version (should also render quicker).

     I don't know much about HDR(I)(?) yet, but I'm wondering how you got
that haze? For me, it works in this scene, and I'm wondering if you can't
turn that off for now, and have a go at the points that others have made.
I'm thinking that your test-render time might come down to around 2-3 hours.
I may be wrong.

   Anyway, really nice so far, I'm liking the atmosphere a lot.

    ~Steve~