POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Shaker (still not final) : Re: Shaker (still not final) Server Time
7 Aug 2024 19:23:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shaker (still not final)
From: Jim Charter
Date: 14 Dec 2005 02:32:06
Message: <439fca76$1@news.povray.org>
Hi Jeremy,

The increased verticality together with the zoom-out makes a huge
improvement in my view.  Basically it transforms the picture from
an image I was really struggling with to one I can savor.  The more
complete sense of the space has the paradoxical effect of enhancing what
I think you were trying to get with your original close cropping: a
relishing of detail.  The increased sense of the space and the more
complete view of objects in relation to it compounds the ways the scene
can be appreciated.  The different textures play off of one another
increasing their beauty, the light plays in a real atmosphere, vagaries
of object placement create a sense of habitation.  But I personally
enjoy the starkness of the scene and would hate to see it too
overburdened with objects.  I think it is shaping up very beautifully now.

-Jim