POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Green photons render : Re: Green photons render Server Time
7 Aug 2024 21:21:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Green photons render
From: Alain
Date: 13 Dec 2005 20:17:07
Message: <439f7293@news.povray.org>
Cousin Ricky nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2005-12-12 22:15:

> Also, be careful with your dispersion compared to your ior.  At ior 1.1
> dispersion 1.2, if i understand this right (not guaranteed!), the red will
> not refract at all.

You prompted me to do a small test:
	interior{ior 1.2 dispersion 1.5 dispersion_samples 44}
Using a simple prism with rgbt 3 to boost the spectra brightness.
The red does refract a little. If I raise the dispersion to 1.6, the red refract UP

--
Alain
'the' is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 't8.jpg' (2 KB)

Preview of image 't8.jpg'