POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Shaker (still not final) : Re: Shaker (still not final) Server Time
7 Aug 2024 19:25:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shaker (still not final)
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 13 Dec 2005 15:59:33
Message: <439f3635$1@news.povray.org>
"Chuck Hoffmann" <cha### [at] comcastnet> wrote in message
> For some reason, it looks like the table and chair are "floating" above
> the wooden floor. Also, the floor itself doesn't look right- it looks too
> "clean". Maybe peturbating the floor normals with a bump map, or switching
> to a heightfield for the floor?

I did some of those things, but I think they are too small to be noticeable,
resulting in a very smooth floor.  The floor is actually an iso-surface
(from the iso_wood includes), so it should be easy to adjust.

As for the floating appearance, that's what I was getting at regarding the
shadows and lighting.  Something isn't quite right, but I haven't been able
to figure out what needs to be adjusted yet.  And with radiosity, it's
difficult to make a change, try it, make another change, try it (on and on),
simply because it sucks up so much time.  *sigh*

Thank you for your input!