POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Toys for Christmas! : Re: Toys for Christmas! Server Time
7 Aug 2024 19:20:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Toys for Christmas!
From: dlm
Date: 11 Dec 2005 21:55:25
Message: <439ce69d$1@news.povray.org>

news:439c1340$1@news.povray.org...
> High!
>
> Hosiah wrote:
>
>> And is it me, or does the face on the jack-in-the-box look too psycho? It
>> seems every time I try to do a clownish face, it ends up being
>> unintentionally scary...
>
> Make its lips rounder, less angular... and another nitpick: I doubt
> whether the three gray spiky things to the lower left are really suitable
> for small children!

Those spiky things are called jacks and are a child's game.
The idea is to spin them on a point or toss them while bouncing a ball or
such.
The problem is that four (not three) equatorial points should have the
little spherical protrusions.
See e.g. http://www.blog.speculist.com/archives/jacks.jpeg
So with jacks and jack-in-a-box all you need is a jack-o-lantern to get
really scary.
DLM