POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Green photons render : Re: Green photons render Server Time
7 Aug 2024 21:24:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Green photons render
From: Simon Dyer
Date: 10 Dec 2005 08:07:52
Message: <439ad328@news.povray.org>
Getting closer to this problem with a smaller object - it seems the normals
are all messed up - got one image that looks like the ghost in the machine.
Suspecting the converter so , am now trying with the normals exported also
and parts of the sphere are now non coloured, but still some weird green tis
there. See pic 1&2.

"Simon Dyer" <sim### [at] paradisenetnz> wrote in message
> The file was exported from 3DWin5 that comes with Rheinhart, from a 3dsMax
> file. Quite pleased that I can raytrace models from 3dsmax, but of course
> the textures dont come over properly. They are not transparent so I added
> make up the following settings....I'll attach the whole set of files -
> that's probably tidier:
>
> I noticed last night that I had no refractive setting on my material, but
> that made no difference.
>
> Simon
>
> "PM 2Ring" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
> > "Simon Dyer" <sim### [at] paradisenetnz> wrote:
> > > Image showing light refraction of inverted lenticular, but
> > > Even though I have color set up white, my transparent material turns
> green.
> > > I've tried all tehse settings:
> > >    //   rgbft <1,1,1,0.9,0.1>
> > >    //color transmit 1.0
> > >    color red 1.0  green 1.0  blue 1.0  filter 1.0
> >
> > I think we'll need to see more or your scene file. What photon settings
> are
> > you using? What is in the interior{} block of your lenticular object?
> > What's its dispersion setting?
> >
> > [In POV 3.5 there was a bug that produced greenish spots if fresnel &
> > conserve-energy were both used for a transparent object, but it was a
> > different shade of green]
> >
> > > If I use
> > >  // color rgbt <1.000000, 1.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000>
> > > I get no photons being generated.
> >
> > That's just opaque yellow.
> >
> > What do you mean? That you don't see photon effects, or that POV doesn't
> > even shoot any photons?
> >
> > > Any ideas, Sorry for newbie question
> >
> > Since you're new, my advice is to try playing with the standard glass
> > textures (in glass.inc) first & modify them to see what happens before
> > trying to create your own transparent materials.
> >
> > PS. Your scene is very dark. What's your gamma setting?

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'testSphereConcat.JPG' (7 KB) Download 'testSphere-WhyGreen.JPG' (5 KB)

Preview of image 'testSphereConcat.JPG'
testSphereConcat.JPG

Preview of image 'testSphere-WhyGreen.JPG'
testSphere-WhyGreen.JPG