POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Ambient lighting in POV-Ray : Re: Ambient lighting in POV-Ray Server Time
17 May 2024 04:43:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ambient lighting in POV-Ray
From: Y Tanabe
Date: 7 Dec 2005 05:09:06
Message: <4397334D.D595DFD2@kh.rim.or.jp>
Dear Jing Li San

I can not explan about your question.
But your POV-Ray SDL is not correct,I think.

>background { color red 0 green 0 blue 0 }
+background { color red 1 green 1 blue 1 }

>pigment{rgbf <0, 0.0, 0.0>} // black
+pigment{rgbf <0,0,0,0>} // black & filtering
or
+pigment{rgb <0,0,0>} // black & no filtering

And no light_source{} statement.

Of cource,I know Mega POV-Ray0.7 Source well and compiling by Apple MPW MrC,
then lighting.c or lighting.cpp are very difficult to understand.
For me,I can not set optimize for compiler to lighting.c,
if I do optimize,then light of orient do not works well.

I am sorry by my poor English.

Y.Tanabe
Kobe,Japan