POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Still Life Object [50 kb] : Re: Still Life Object [50 kb] Server Time
7 Aug 2024 21:18:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Still Life Object [50 kb]
From: Jim Charter
Date: 6 Dec 2005 05:28:14
Message: <439567be$1@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot wrote:
> "Jim Charter" <jrc### [at] msncom> schreef in bericht
>
>>Remy Closset wrote:
>>
>>>Precious....
>>>memory to those magnificent paintings of the 17th century. Now you have

>>>paint the rest, fruits, flowers, insects and so on. And perhaps a
>
> skull...
>
>>>Beautiful
>>>

>>Thanks Remy.  Yes the goblet loosely resembles one that appears in
>>various paintings by Flegel.  I like Flegel because his paintings
>>generally have arrangements of distinct objects that would be relatively
>>easy to model.  Also he often uses the plate of fish theme which
>>interests me, and I have been working on from time to time. (You can
>>keep a secret, right? I am also intigued by Nautilaus Shell pictures and
>>pictures including dead fowl with tromp l'oeil depictions of feathers.)
>

> This is very well done indeed. Time indeed to revisit the old masters...
>
> Thomas

Thanks Thomas,

Again, from a technical pov there is little here novel or worthy of
mention: lathe, glass texture, couple of spots.  It is more about using
simple means to get an emotive image. That is to say, letting the image
drive the use of effects rather than trying to model to some standard of
realism.  The monochrome color, flat field, and object placement is
similar to how I used to paint.  In fact I see this whole image as
"painterly".  The image is satisfying for me in ways I can't explain or
analyse.  Probably I am just easy to amuse.