POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Still Life Object [50 kb] : Re: Still Life Object [50 kb] Server Time
7 Aug 2024 21:23:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Still Life Object [50 kb]
From: Jim Charter
Date: 5 Dec 2005 13:11:54
Message: <439482ea$1@news.povray.org>
Remy Closset wrote:
> Precious....
> memory to those magnificent paintings of the 17th century. Now you have to
> paint the rest, fruits, flowers, insects and so on. And perhaps a skull...
>
> Beautiful

Thanks Remy.  Yes the goblet loosely resembles one that appears in
various paintings by Flegel.  I like Flegel because his paintings
generally have arrangements of distinct objects that would be relatively
easy to model.  Also he often uses the plate of fish theme which
interests me, and I have been working on from time to time. (You can
keep a secret, right? I am also intigued by Nautilaus Shell pictures and
pictures including dead fowl with tromp l'oeil depictions of feathers.)