POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Back to basics : Re: Back to basics Server Time
7 Aug 2024 21:24:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Back to basics
From: Justin Stringfellow
Date: 2 Dec 2005 02:15:47
Message: <438ff4a3@news.povray.org>
> Tasty! But it does look like it's floating above the floor.

It's floating, for sure....!

> Is it just hollowed out using cylinders, or did you use a sphere as well?

Yeah, there's a sphere in there too. It's based on a doodle I did on a
schoolbook many years ago, and repeated a few times over the years. It occurred
to me to try rendering it as a first attempt at composing something from
scratch... after about 13 or 14 years of fiddling around with POV!

> I like your bevelled tiles. I think reflective scenes like this are crying
> out for an .hdri lightprobe.

The floor's borrowed from a scene posted on this newsgroup a couple of years
back, I'm afraid - it was just there until I got round to building my own from
scratch.

Maybe I'll tidy it all up and post it as a proper first post at some point.