POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Curved portal [~37 kB] : Re: Curved portal yest another version [~58 kB] Server Time
8 Aug 2024 04:10:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Curved portal yest another version [~58 kB]
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 1 Dec 2005 03:53:37
Message: <438eba11@news.povray.org>
"Remy Closset" <rem### [at] neuffr> schreef in bericht
> Well well better Thomas.
> The fresco is nice now. In the last version, there was the following way
> reduce the deformation on the x axis is to decrease the image map itself
> using a transformation. In fact there surely no way to correct the camera
> deformation, but the important thing is to satisfy our human vision. In
the
> Parthenon, the columns are bended or curved, isnt'it? The floor would be
> better with terra cotta tiles.

Yes the fresco is better. It was a matter of multiplying the u-scale some
more. With some trial and error I thought this was the best proportion.
I have now also corrected the apparent straight wall in the lower righthand
corner. I am learning to work with meshes every day! The culprit was the
corridor opening, as I had not provided a solid basis to it when opening the
cylinder.
For the floor: yes, I am working on a terracotta coloured one. No tiles this
time, but a rougher textured surface.

Thomas