POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Shaker Simple (near final) [200K] : Shaker Simple (near final) [200K] Server Time
7 Aug 2024 21:24:00 EDT (-0400)
  Shaker Simple (near final) [200K]
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 30 Nov 2005 13:41:53
Message: <438df271@news.povray.org>
I don't like the above title, so that will probably change, but overall, I'm
pretty happy with the way this has turned out.  Since my last post in April
(I think), I have fixed the chair dimensions (It was too wide), changed the
style (and completed) the side-table, and made a few other technical
improvements.

However, I wouldn't mind some advice, especially in certain areas, like
framing.  I was thinking of making this taller, so that it included more of
the table and chair legs.  Additionally, I have considered changing the
camera position, among other things.  Or maybe adjusting the lighting.

Certain parts of the image are "tweaked" and intentional, however.  The
shadow of the cross falling onto the boxes was very deliberate.  If you
think you can make out a shadowy figure on the cross shape, you are also
correct.  I generally don't like pointing out those details, because if
anyone gets enjoyment from my pictures, it's supposed to be from finding the
minor details.  I guess that's my approach to Art.  Yes, the cross shadow is
created by the window mullions (I think that's the right word for the
divider thingies), so it serves a dual purpose.

Ovearall, this was one image that I definitely tried to keep simple.  KISS
(keep it simple, stupid) had to be adhered to because, while I doubt the
Shakers invented the term, it seems to quite readily sum up a large part of
their belief-system.  So, I believe that I have quite accurately captured
both the Christianity and the Simplicity evident in their beliefs.  I
rock!!!  But seriously, that was my intent, and I think I did pretty well,
hopefully without being too cliched.  But you be the judge of that.

Again, feel free to criticize, offer advice, tell me I'm an idiot, etc.
Basically, this is one scene on which I would really appreciate feedback,
positive or negative.  I'm feeling unusually thick-skinned.  ;-)

--
Jeremy M. Praay

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: