POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Curved portal [~37 kB] : Re: Curved portal yest another version [~58 kB] Server Time
8 Aug 2024 04:07:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Curved portal yest another version [~58 kB]
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 30 Nov 2005 03:55:43
Message: <438d690f@news.povray.org>
"JYR" <jyr### [at] hotmailcom> schreef in bericht
> "Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlnet> wrote:
> > Another version.
> Just thought i'd jump in... I really like this scene, its color scheme,
its
> lighting, the way the shape of the gallery leads the eye to the
> background... I personally liked the greyish floor a little better. I take
> it to be some kind of early ceramic tiling, thus I'd like to see some wear
> in the middle of the pathway and right in front of the portal, especially
> on the step... I second the idea that the step on the right side at the
> bottom of the wall might be made of slabs of solid stone and not be tiled.
> Furthermore, i still believe there's something not quite right at the
> bottom of the rightmost wall. I see the step as curved while the wall
seems
> straight. Is it an illusion?
>
> Once again, great job!

Thank you! Thank you!
The floor is taking quite a lot of comments, so I shall have to work on it.
I have decided now to throw out the tiles and go on with a rougher floor.
Still experimenting though...
You are right about the lower righthand corner. I don't know how to solve
this well. The wall is a cylindrical mesh, and it has been subdivided
several times, so I am a bit at a loss why it still seems straight.
Especially, as in Poseray, it looks smoothly curved. Puzzling. Have to go
back to the original I guess.