POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Joined Bicubic Patches - how to do? : Re: Joined Bicubic Patches - how to do? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 21:17:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Joined Bicubic Patches - how to do?
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 29 Nov 2005 14:05:39
Message: <438ca683$1@news.povray.org>
> But when doing a test render, I had to realize that the two 4 x 4
> sections do not align in the y direction, as you can see in the image
> attached here! What went wrong?

Inner Points on the bicubic patch are just control points, not points *on*
the surface. If you overlap them like that, they don't add up. What you're
after is 2nd order continuancy, e.g. the relation controlpoint-edgevertex
from one patch to the next need to be the same. They share the same border.

Regards,
Tim

--
aka "Tim Nikias v2.0"