POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Curved portal [~37 kB] : Re: Curved portal [~37 kB] Server Time
7 Aug 2024 21:19:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Curved portal [~37 kB]
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 28 Nov 2005 03:00:25
Message: <438ab919$1@news.povray.org>
"Tim McMurdo" <jod### [at] wohrrcom> schreef in bericht
> Thomas, this is looking very good. Bicycle aside, I can see this as a
tower
> in the Italian hills.
>
> I do agree with the comment on the floor looking flat. Is this supposed to
> be a tiled floor or one that is painted?
>
> The frescoes look good. Is this an image map created by you?
>
> I look forward to seeing more.
>
> Tim

Thank you , Tim!
Yes, the setting is definitely Italy. I googled a photograph from Tuscany
that exactly answered my needs [and took note of the photographer's name!]
The floor needs attention. It is tiled and I am currently experimenting with
a few options. Stay tuned. As said to Roman, I want to keep it as much as
possible similar to the present one
About the frescoes: see my answer to Jim Charter. The images are not very
high resolution, so you cannot zoom in too much, but as a background or a
middleground, they are quite effective. I don't know where they originally
come from. I suspect that they are Italian too.

Thomas